11 Gains in Productivity with a SnapChat for the Enterprise
You cannot open a technology publication today without reading a story about Snapchat. It has generated an enormous amount of buzz, especially with the younger crowd. Snapchat is a mobile app that allows users to capture videos and pictures that self-destruct after a few seconds. The sender decides how long it will live – from one to ten seconds. After that, it’s history.
I would love to see Snapchat for the enterprise. Think of the time you would gain back and the mental energy you could preserve. The productivity gains are priceless. Below are 11 business interactions I wish would disappear after they were opened, read or viewed – or better yet while in transit!
- Using email as IM
- Smartphones in meetings
- Selfies at the office (or anywhere)
- Lengthy meetings with no agenda
- Emails that say, “I just left you a voicemail.”
- Presenters who read from their slides
- The 2,484 unread messages in my email inbox
- Auto DMs after someone follows you on Twitter
- The three-page email when one paragraph would suffice
- Annoying, pretentious and useless business jargon – engage social fans, core competency, buy-in, empower, lots of moving parts, leverage, scalable, think outside the box – just to name of few
Add your list in the comments. This Message will Self Destruct in 10…9…8…